Sunday, May 10, 2015

Day 6

DAY SIX~

May 9, 2015

Had to get up very, early today, showered, shaved legs and styled myself up.  Then I made breakfast and woke up the hubby so he could join me.  He was going to be heading off on a plane in a few hours and I had an art show to attend and a wedding reception after that!  Needed as much fuel as I could get in my belly.  We finished up the remaining two Mexican Burgers with guacamole, a fried egg, green and yellow peppers and tomatoes.  I also snacked on some blueberries in the car on the way to the show.



I was full for hours.  I couldn't drink much water, because I didn't want to have to leave my table.  Around lunch time though, the food vendors started cooking lots of yummy things and I got hungry.  I was prepared though!  I brought the rest of the peppers I cut this morning, beef jerky an apple and a banana.  While I watched the others vendor succumb to the food trucks, I was happy with my produce :)  


I was pretty dang parched after though show was over though.  I was out in the sun for a long time.  I was also feeling extremely protein deficient and knew if I didn't fix that I would break.  I didn't have enough time to go back home, so I did something not allowed in the book, but after reading other peoples whole 30 blogs, I knew it was about the best you can do when you are on the road.  I went into a McDonalds and ordered 2 McDoubles without the bread...yes, they have cheese and ketchup.  But, I did not eat the bread.  I did not eat any fries.  I know from doing Atkins all those years ago, that the bread is the worst part.  I got a big tall icy drink too...I would love to say it was water...but it was not...I was so drained and lethargic I wasn't thinking straight.  I drank a diet coke.  I won't lie.  It was glorious.  I enjoyed every last drop.  Kids, this is what happens when you aren't prepared.  I am not going to beat my self up though.  I am not going to quit either.  I know from past diet experience that a few slips aren't going to hurt.  The process of giving up so much other junk definitely outweighs drinking one diet soda.  So, onward and up word, off to the reception!

That's me and my sister and my belly.  Well, I am trying to hide it behind my arms...those are looking a little thick now too.  Boo.  Not one of my best photos.  I good reminder for me though to see how I look and stay focused on the prize of  health!  Everyone else had fried chicken, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese and bread.  I was a good girl and had asparagus with bacon bits and green beans.  It was delicious and very filling.  The hard part was when they ate the cake.  I really wanted some of that :(
I didn't stay long.  Everyone started drinking, another no-no for me, and on top of that I have to work at 6:30 in the morning...on Mother's Day...but, at least I would be off at a decent time to spend time with my kids and mom for dinner.

So, I went home and went to bed with a big glass of ice water. 

No comments:

Post a Comment