Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Day 8

DAY EIGHT~

May 11, 2015

I slept in...felt so good.  My meals will be a little off schedule today though.  But after my weekend I needed it. I need to go to the grocery store today.  Fridge is lookin' bare.  Luckily for me, the kids don't always eat the foods on my plan unless I prep it for them.  I boiled up the end of the eggs, rolled up some turkey, cut up some yellow peppers and a roma tomato, and washed up some delicious red grapes.  I enjoyed this finger food plate while planning the dinner menu for the week and the grocery list.  I do this every Monday. (My requested consistent day off from work).  It makes my life so much easier!  I match up my meal prep time/availability with my work schedule, sales from the grocery flyers and whatever items we have left from the previous week.  

This morning, I felt a little lighter finally.  No bloat at all.  I woke up easily and full of energy.  I really wanted to hop on the scale and see what was going on with my weight.  I know the book forbids it, but oh well, I am a rebel haha.  I lost 3lbs.  It has only been a week so I am okay with that.  It is an improvement.  I don't feel deprived at all or starving.  I think I eat more food than before and I know my health will be better.  So, if I average 3 lbs a week, after 30 days it will be about 13lbs!  Now that sounds really good :)  Now that my energy is back, which means my body is turning over from carb burning to fat reserve burning, I am going get to the exercise portion.  Starting with walking my puppy!  We were on a consistent schedule before I started this, but now I will be eating better too.  I joined the Y as well, so I can attend a yoga or zumba class as well.  That should also help boost the fat burn.  Just gotta get myself there...

I am enjoying reading another girls Whole 30 experience as well.  Here is a link if you want to see it too~Russ and Amy's Whole 30. After I catch up on her first 8 days, I am going to follow along with her progress the same day as mine.  I am realizing I need to add in some spinach or kale to my plan as well.  This week I will.  It is so healthy!  It's not that I don't like it.  It just hasn't been on sale lately.  Probably because everyone is juicing it lately!  Grocery stores don't want to miss out on that $$$.  We sell a lot of kale at my store.  Amy also includes a section at the end of her blog titled "What did I learn today?" I like that.  I think I will do that too.  A good way to summarize up the day for quick reference later.  I urge you to blog as well.  It is amazingly helpful to make yourself accountable each day.  And, if you ever want to write a book someday, it will be even more valuable.

 It is time to eat again, but I am still full from breakfast right now. Lunch will be a big banana and a big green tea.  Now back to Etsy work and then the grocery. 

Mom and I went to Costco (she has the membership) and Kroger.  It was fun but exhausting.  I was much too tired to cook once everything was put away.  I knew I would be, so I picked up some fried chicken from the deli and some Bob Evans mashed potatoes.  I had the same plate of food above that I had for breakfast.  I was starving once I sat down to eat it, but then I was full before I finished.  I gave my dog one of my pieces of turkey and one of my egg halves.

An hour later I was hungry for a snack.  I guess that means I shouldn't have fed the dog those two pieces of food...oh well, I grabbed a little bowl of pistachios to munch on and  big glass of water.  A couple hours later I went to bed.

What did I learn today~

I found this delicious grass-fed Irish butter at Costco, for a lot less than Kroger.  So excited!!! They have the cheese also, so you know I will be buying that in 23 more days :)
I also found this awesome turkey bacon on sale at Costco for tons less than Kroger!  There were 3 packages in a box for only $7  I was trying to find an approved sausage for breakfast, but didn't have any luck, so I think this will work great. 
I learned that I am starting to like that I have control over what I put in my mouth.  My brain is getting stronger than my stomach!  I don't think the weight will come off any other way.  It is soooo much harder after you turn 40.    





No comments:

Post a Comment