Friday, December 4, 2015

Day 4

Day 4~
December 4, 2015

Today was a wonderful day.  To start I had my favorite breakfast of sweet potatoes, eggs, tomatoes and chicken sausage.  I just love it.  Then because I finally had a day off, my youngest son Joe and went out all day Christmas shopping and job hunting (for him).  I grabbed this new probiotic drink from the fridge that I picked up for my husbands tummy.  I was just gonna try it, but I loved it.  It as no sugar, it uses stevia, which technically is not whole 30, but it is non-dairy-non-GMO-certified organic and vegan.  Here's what they say about it.

Kevita is loaded with probiotics.  The purest, most robust bacteria in every bottle.  
To stay at your best, you need to shore up your defenses. 
 These beneficial bacteria live in your gut and keep your system in fighting form.


And let me tell you it works.  Today I sipped on the mojito lime mint coconut from about 11-1.  I really hate yogurt so this is going to work for me nicely.  I didn't notice any difference in my digestive track until about 9:30 at night.  Then I felt a shift and my colon was cleansed!  It was wonderful.  I have been constipated for 3 or more days and it felt so good.  I don't know for sure if it was the drink or my body adapting to the new diet but I am glad.  It has been so easy this time to follow the plan.  I am losing about a pound a day too.  Pretty exciting.

I didn't take a pic tonight but we had roasted turkey and green beans.  My family also had mashed potatoes, gravy and rolls.  After dinner I was feeling like a little sweet craving, so I brewed up some decaf tea.  My snack or lunch today was a banana.  Other than those items I didn't feel hungry all day.  
I am motivated by the photos of this heavier version of  myself.  This almost shy and embarrassed girl I have become.  I was drinking for bravery and consolation and it was wrong.  I am so happy I understand that now.  Here is me in July.  Putting my hand over my belly so no one can see the silhouette.  I don't want to do that any more.    

No comments:

Post a Comment